Roadrunner email is POP enabled, which means you can access it from any device which supports this email protocol. The Post Office Protocol is commonly used by email programs to connect to the server and download messages to the device, whether it’s a computer or a mobile phone.
Your Roadrunner email can be set up on the iPhone through the default Mail application. Thus, emails can be checked from any location… as long as an internet connection is available. Also, once downloaded to your mobile phone, the messages are accessible even when you switch to the ‘Airplane’ mode.
Set up Roadrunner email on the iPhone
The instructions are exactly the same as setting up any email account on the iPhone. Keep your login ID, account password and the incoming and outgoing email servers details ready.
- If you haven’t set up an email yet on the iPhone, tap “Mail“, else you have to go through the “Settings” -> “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” -> “Add Accounts” – [Slide 1].
- Choose “Other” from the list – [Slide 2].
- Tap “Add Mail Account” in the next screen – [Slide 3].
- Enter your name, full Roadrunner email address, password of your account and a short description to identify it on the iPhone – [Slides 4 and 5].
- Tap “Save” and wait patiently for the iPhone to look up the account information – [Slide 6].
- You will now be prompted to choose between IMAP or POP – go with the latter – [Slide 7].
- Move down to the “Incoming Mail Server” and “Outgoing Mail Server” sections – [Slide 8]. The iPhone would have already put the Roadrunner incoming and outgoing mail servers which are based on your email address. Thus, if your email is email@example.com, the mail servers would be:
Confirm the the username and password for the incoming mail server.
- Tap “Save” and wait for the iPhone to verify the information you’ve supplied – [Slide 9].
- If you get pop-up messages, simply tap “Continue“. FYI, you will not be able to connect using SSL.
- Assuming all correct information was supplied, the Roadrunner email will be set up on the iPhone. Tap “Mail” to load the inbox and the list of messages – [Slides 10 and 11].
That’s it! You have successfully set up Roadrunner email on the iPhone. The account is accessible wherever you go as long as there is an active internet connection.